Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Kirsten's Pottery

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starling's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2006
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I just received Kirsten's Pottery NIB in the mail from an ebay auction. My daughter's Rowe pottery set broke when we moved years ago and I am just now getting around to replacing it. Since AG doesn't sell the mug anymore I thought I better hurry before they discontinue it. WELL, the pieces seem much larger than I remember! ALSO the box says "made in China", and no where does it say AG! Does anyone out there have the ceramic cups and plates that they could measure? These plates are 4 inches across and the mugs are 2 inches tall; the pitcher is about 2.5 inches tall. THANK YOU!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fiveinarowmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, Is the set you just received old or new?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The new Mattel sets are not made by Rowe Pottery and they are quite different. Far less detail in the painting.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starling's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2006
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I realized when I bid on the set that it would not be the Rowe pottery, so of course the pieces are not nearly as nice. I call AG and they gave me the same dimensions that I quoted earlier, so I guess they are the "real" thing. I am a bit disappointed as I remember the Rowe pottery being so pretty. Oh, well, things change.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are some current Rowe Pottery pieces that have a pattern that is very similar to the pattern that was on the Kirsten pottery by Rowe, in case anyone's curious.

    http://www.rowepottery.com/ishop/1-1...ird-p-284.html

    http://www.rowepottery.com/ishop/1-q...ird-p-354.html

    http://www.rowepottery.com/ishop/chr...-41_49_93.html

    Joy

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 07, 2006 10:51 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cajun girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Joy, thanks so much for the link!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •